|Issues for Consultation
- Are our funding principles the right ones?
- Are there further steps we should be taking to improve the balance of investment in
learning between employers, individuals and the public purse?
- Is it realistic to expect individuals or employers to invest more? If so, what form
should this additional investment take?
- How should learning accounts and the learning smartcard be developed to help people
invest in and manage their own learning?
- On what basis should the Government’s contribution to up to one million learning
accounts be allocated?
- What will be needed to make learning accounts attractive to people, both financially and
through the other advantages they will bring?
- Could learning accounts be used in future to channel others forms of public support
- What would be the most effective way of targeting financial support so that more young
people from low-income families stay on in full-time education after 16?
- Are you in favour of support loans being made available to undergraduate students in
their early 50s?
- Are the steps we are taking sufficient to create a fair and effective system of student